Much of today was spent in a car-- in fact, it took us about 11 hours to make it from just outside of Toronto to NYC! We had anticipated 8.5 hours of travel plus a few hours in there for rest stops and food too... but we ended up running so late because of some strange weather conditions in New York State. :(
We were hoping to do this:
- 3:00 - Check into hotel
- 4:00 - Buy unlimited 7-day metropass & subway to Lincoln Center
- 5:00 - Attend Falguni and Shane Peacock Show
Instead this happened:
- 4:30 - Arrive at hotel & frantically try to figure out valet parking and the logistics of bringing up a billion bags
- 4:45 - settle with wearing gross boots with salt stains from the snow
- 4:50 - walk full speed to the Lincoln Center instead of messing around with the subway we were unfamiliar with.
- 5:00 - make it exactly on time (but looking like bums)
Of course, being exactly on time is silly when everyone else is fashionably late!
[ FALGUNI AND SHANE PEACOCK, SUNDAY @ 5 ]
The fierce looks at Falguni and Shane Peacock with accessories by Ben Amun
Insane amounts of media coverage!
Check out our full coverage of Falguni and Shane Peacock Fall/Winter 2012 at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, all made possible by Chictopia! Click on image to read it:
Photos by Sylvia and Samantha courtesy of Chictopia
The show was great though & we really got to take in the scale of things in New York. We saw our first few celebs at the show (Ashanti, Michelle Williams and Petra Nemcova haha) and we had an amaaaazing dinner at an Australian restaurant. Pretty low key day compared to what's coming up, so stay tuned & let us know what you think!