This weekend we had a few friends over for a casual housewarming party. As hosts, we tried our best to be hospitable, offering some snacks, some beers & a couple of drinks. We had some stuff ready for mixing & specifically had all the ingredients ready for my drink of choice-- caesars!
If you don't know, Caesars are amazing savoury drinks & my typical recipe goes like this:
- rim the glass with a lime & celery salt
- add 2 ice cubes + a shot of vodka
- add freshly ground pepper & a generous dash of Worcestershire sauce
- add an optional dash of tabasco & fill the glass with clamato juice
- garnish with a pickle or celery stalk!
Now, I have heard that Caesars are pretty much a Canadian thing! Most of the world is familiar with Bloody Marys, but those are made with just tomato juice & not the clam+tomato mix. It sounds so gross but it's soo soo delicious.
I just love opening up the discussion on things that are unique to certain countries or regions! Like, how ketchup chips are only really found in Canada and very select parts of the States. So where are you from & have you tried a Caesar before? If you have, are you a fan? What about ketchup chips? haha